Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What is the best choice for ATX motherboard/CPU combos?

What are the fastest, cheapest combos out in attendance?

What is the best choice for ATX motherboard/CPU combos?

Personally, I prefer AMD CPUs because most of the time both the CPU and the motherboards are cheaper. The other reason I resembling AMD is they seem to stick near the same socket which allows upgrading for longer. AMD used Socket A for nearly 7 years (800MHz to 3000+) while Intel seem to change their socket method more often.



If you are buying exotic RAM, go beside the newer AMD socket AM2 which uses the new DDR2 RAM. The subsequent AMD processors (AM3) were announced to be to the rear compatible to AM2 motherboards.



If you already have some standard DDR RAM that you want to use, the elder socket 939 is still readily available and is pretty cheap. I basically got a single core FX-55 (4500+ / 2.6GHz) for in the region of $125 (on sale at www.newegg.com) and a motherboard for $65 that will run my 2GB two of a kind of DDR400 (PC3200) RAM from my last computer. I bought the oem CPU and found a untried oem cooler from a super high-end CPU on eBay with fry tubes for cheap - very nice.



I other prefer Asus, Abit or MSI motherboards. Good luck with your build!!

-

No comments:

Post a Comment