Friday, September 17, 2010

What is keeping my Pentium 4 2.4ghz from running at full speed?

My processor runs at 1.79ghz. I take to mean this is probably some kind of motherboard shortening, but I would like someone to explain this to me. I ask because I want to buy a tentative motherboard that will run it at full speed, but I don't know what to look for. I believe it is a socket 478? FSB 400mhz? Any help?

What is keeping my Pentium 4 2.4ghz from running at full speed?

I would have need of more info to be sure, but I have a clothed guess. I think you certainly have a 533 FSB, but your motherboard individual supports 400, hence it is slowing the FSB down and the processor along with it. I could be profoundly more sure of this though if I had more info. You can email or instant message me from my profile if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment