Friday, September 17, 2010

what is disc imaging?


what is disc imaging?

Disc imaging is using computer software to thieve a "snapshot" or "image" of a hard drive. You can next use this snapshot to put an exact copy of everything on the drive at that moment onto a new drive.



The primary use for disc imaging is big buisnesses. PC maker set up a PC, install any software, and then take home an image. By using this portrait, it is easy to put a in place to go copy of Windows on dozens or hundreds of PCS.



The downside? Imaging works when you hold the exact same hardware (the same computer or an absolutely exact computer, including all internal components). You hold to burn or otherwise backup any files you want to save, and put them subsidise on.



I image my laptop every few months. Then, if I order to screw up my Windows XP beyond fixing (hasn't happen yet, but an ounce of protection is worth a pound of cure), I can put a verbs copy of XP with my favorite programs organized to go.



What do I recommend for Imaging? Acronis TrueImage Home works great for me, and it's cheap.



Hope this help!

No comments:

Post a Comment